Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ouch! I Did It Again!!!!

So here's the story on this...This is a picture of his thumb the first time I clipped his nails. It was an awful experience for me and even worse for him! I heard to clip their nails after they take a bath so their nails will be nice and soft. That's just what I did. I started with his pinky and worked my way in and thought this isn't as bad as I thought. I get to his thumb and after I clipped his nail, I hear a loud cry and looked down and it was bleeding! He wouldn't stop crying and it wouldn't stop bleeding! We didn't have any bandaids so blood got on his clothes and his blanket. Just a reminder of what a bad mom I am! It turns out as you can see, I not only clipped his nail but his skin behind his nail! Needless to say I stopped there and did not do his other hand. Since then, my sister Aunt Te has clipped his nails since she thinks it's so easy and she couldn't stand the sight of Jack's long fingernails. Well...that was weeks ago and now his nails are long again. I try not to look at them but it's hard not to notice the dirt underneath and his scratches hurt! I keep on hinting to Tait they need to be clipped but he says I need to learn how to do it since he clipped them the first time. Over the weekend I got brave and attempted to clip his nails once again. Again, I started with his pinky but only got to his index finger this time. I didn't see blood right away and his cry wasn't as loud so I thought he was just over being still. I was proud of myself and proceeded to clip his thumb nail but he kept on moving and then I saw blood from his index finger! I got his skin AGAIN!!!!!! What is wrong with me???? Why can't I do this one simple thing???? I didn't finish his thumb or his other hand. I'll take the scratches and dirty nails over hurting him more any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment