Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Update!


We had a great weekend with Jack. We went to dinner Friday night and he was so good. On Saturday we went to cousins Charles, Jessica and William's soccer games. He enjoyed being outside and listening to everyone scream and cheer on the teams. I posted a picture of us at the game. Later that day I pumped and we tried giving Jack a bottle since we will be attending my friend Jamie's wedding next weekend in Bloomington, IN. Tait tried it first and he didn't want it at all. I was so nervous this would happen. I looked up tips in my book and looked on the internet and we tried again Sunday. Tait went to get a bottle that was highly recommended for breastfeeding mothers and we waited until he was in a good mood - not too hungry and it was a little better this time. He didn't latch on but at least he was playing with it and a little milk went in his mouth. He then began to get frustrated and didn't want it. Now we were both nervous and started to think he might never take a bottle and we might not be able to go to the wedding. This morning after Jack and I woke up I tried the bottle with him. He played with it for awhile and occasionally went for my boob but I kept my focus on the bottle. After a few moments he finally latched on and started sucking. As he was eating out of the bottle he would look up at me and tears rolled down my face. I have been breastfeeding for the last 7 weeks and to see him take a bottle made me sad for some reason. I know you're thinking isn't this want I want? So I can go to the wedding and have some independence? Well it is..... but why do I feel so bad? Am I feeling guilty for being selfish? Is it too soon to bottle feed him? I definitely have mixed emotions about this but realize that I'm still going to breastfeed and that giving him a bottle is going to only be occasional. Besides, Tait will now be happy that he can take part in the feeding process every now and then! Our goal is to give him a bottle at least once a day this week to prepare him for Aunt Dana this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Navy, you are cracking me up!! First off, Jack is the cutest little boy I have ever seen!! The new pics are awesome, especially the big one we see as the blog pulls up!! ADORABLE!! Second, everyone feels like a bad Mom...you are normal and a great Mom!! I have made Braylan's fingers bleed many times...now she gets hang nails due to my lack of clippings!! And Jack is getting the best of everything no matter who feeds him...you are not selfish, you are human! And Jack knows now and will know forever how much his Mommy loves him and will do anything to give him the BEST!! I can not wait to see him (and you) again!! We miss yall! Love ya!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cracking up too - but I don't want to say too much since I don't have a baby here yet and watch me be devastated with these same type of feelings! Jack's nails are cracking me up - you are really having a hard time with that!

    ReplyDelete